Thursday, December 3, 2009

I didn't join Pat this time for hike, had to do some work for the UPC. I've been home all morning and afternoon. We discussed the book with Don. He is positive it will be published. Suggested that I upload it to the internet too, and start a discussion on the topic. He agreed to mail the proposal.

During the night Camille picked me up and we had dinner in a pizza place. We had a good chat there, and continued it in the church. It was hard to say goodbye, but she will come to visit next year.

Meditation: An Open Heart - Living with Compassion. PROGRAM GUIDE: Living a compassionate life, "doing unto others as you would have them do unto you," is not as easy as it sounds. Sometimes our emotions or perceptions prevent us from experiencing "the golden rule". In the midst of suffering we lose patience, we just want to realize more happiness in our lives. This class explores ways to increase our compassion for ourselves and others. Through discussion, sharing experiences, and altering our perceptions we'll find our way to strengthened spiritual practices. Facilitator: Jim Andrews és Susan Cunningham - are both First Chrch members who serve on the Adult Programs Committee.

Surprize: Susan is one of our hiking partners - only in a different attire! On my way home Ingrid and Henry picked me up. Invited me for a dinner and movie.

Pam sent an e-mail: asked the Oregon Friends of Jung to let me participate on workshop for free. They will! Good news, I am very glad! This is a special opportunity ($85!). Pam forwards me the e-mail.

Hi Everyone, I talked with Carol today about inviting a visiting Hungarian translator to our board dinner. He is staying with friends of mine working on translating the first Unitarian written text from old Hungarian to English. Anyway at dinners I discovered he is very interested in and informed about Jung's work. When I invited him to the lecture/workshop he became very excited that it was open to the public (I guess not true in Hungary) and said this was the one thing he had wanted to accomplish before leaving next week... to meet with people involved with Jungian psychology. Carol said there was not room at the dinner (I thought he could meet with people much more informed than I am) but asked if he was coming to the workshop too. I don't think he can afford the cost so she suggested I float an email to see if we could offer a freebie this one time. Let me know what you all think. He is a very engaging man and talking with him has made me even more aware of how enormously fortunate we in Portland are to have OFJ. Thanks, Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment