Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I took a walk on Broadway to the South. Thinking on differences between man and woman. Attachment to material things. Problem-complex of attachment and detachment. Feminine sensuality and attachment. Male intellect and detachment. Self-sacrifice and self-destruction. Male spirituality and the process of reformation: self-distinguishment and self-integration. Female spirituality, and materialness: anya-anyag (Hungarian), mater-materia (Latin), mother-matter. The reason of the ancient belief: the woman has no soul. And: "man is the head of woman" (Francis David). The role of feminine principle, reproduction of life, and the masculine principle: evolution. The freedom of evolution, basic need of spiritual equilibrium. Male identity and mother-complex. I conclude: the essence of the male identity is realized in awareness (distinguishment), the female in sensuality (identification). Both mean the connection of reality and instinct. I've been here for 8 weeks now.

I bought a bread, a cake and two Snickers. I decided not to attend Returning to Ritual. This idea sounds exactly the opposite of Francis David's, anyway...

I read it through what Don revised. He also added questions to the Overview of the book. Good questions: I need to explain the Trinity in order to be able to explain what Francis David's problem was with this idea. Now, the psychological nature and meaning of the Christian dogma is more obvious.

After 5 I had two hot dog sausages and took a walk toward Lloyd Center. Man needs wholeness. This need is a fact. I entered the bookshop. Lots of books, good to linger among the shelves. Wholeness is being realized in sensuality. This also means detachement from the authorities: from the projections. The individual wholeness means also the universal wholeness, disappearance of cultural isolations. Integration of instinctive power, i.e. of the Self. This is how the Jungian process of "individuation" is being realized. The "natural mind". This way everything makes sense. Psychoanalysis and religion meets here.

Don prepared some Mexican food. Asked me if I wanted to join. It was extremely spicey, I gulped down the cool water to quench the fire. We had icecream afterwards with strawberry jam on top. I had to wipe my nose often. Don told me a story: Once in a camp Yugoslavian and Finnish children were having dinner together. All of the Finns had running noses and none of the Yugoslavians. This also proves we are relatives, concludes Don.

During the night I took a walk, and took some pictures for you of these houses with the Christmas lights on them. America is the place where due to the freedom of all ethnic cultures the connection between the Super Ego and the Instinctive Self is more intimate. This is why relationship of man and woman seems also different, and the status of religion, too. This kind of intimacy makes religion a common topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment