Saturday, November 7, 2009

People start getting up at 9 a.m. Girls have coffe at the fireplace, I go out for a walk. Breakfast at 11. We go out for a walk in the rain. Enormous trees, moss, I feel in a fairy tale, expect to see dwarfs peeking out from behind the brushes. We get soaked in 5 minutes. Dogs enjoy themselves. We stop at a place where about 5 giants stand in a circle. Linger among them for a while, trying to guess their secret, experiencing the spirit of this natural chapel, Patrick's favourite place. I have my sandwich with Hungarian salami bought in a German grocery store. We go back to the cars, wet dogs are wrapped in blankets.

We hang our trousers above the fireplace, Patrick goes out to chop wood. I join him. We gather old boughs and put them on a rack to dry. Patrick splits huge logs with an ax and wedge. I feel good. Later on we play several games.

Dinner is vegetable soup, homemade bread prepared by Susan. Card game afterward, we enjoy it greatly. Q is everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment