Monday, November 23, 2009

Julie picked me up at 11:30 and took me to lunch to a place on Broadway. I had crépes with pieces of fruits wrapped in it. Very delicious, we have to make them at home. Julie used to be a social worker, her last workplace was at the veterans' institute. She is an adherent of Eastern philosophies, you can tell that. Since June she is retired, learns Tai Chi at a place where they teach Eastern martial arts, too. During lunch I explain my analytic theory on the Holy Trinity: dynamic relationship between the Super Ego, Id and actual self.

We had a long walk in the neighborhood. Julie used to live in one of these houses while a student. She told me about her uncle who understood the creation literally. I told her about the communist system of free health care: slipping envelopes with money in them in pockets.

We assembled a shelf with Don. During dinner my hosts told about their family stories. I realize: in America everyone still carries his or her own ethnic heritage while searching for a universal connection. The word nation here means something utterly different than in Europe.

During the night we saw Pat's favourite movie: Driving Miss Daisy.

No comments:

Post a Comment