Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I took a bike ride to Columbia and did the loop. Wonderful scenery with the river on the left and the airport on the right side! Planes landing and taking of in short interval toward Mt Hood. I stopped several times to take in the view and take pictures. At the bridge I had an apple, and observed a cormorant standing on a rock in the middle of the water, with his wet wings spread in the feeble sunshine. Got on the bike and left the riverside.

Rode along Fremont street by Lonely Pine Cemetery. Left the main road and admired the nice homes with pumpkins still everywhere.

After I arrived back took a walk toward Lloyd Center, thought I would do my shoppings this time in Safeway. Lots of stuff on the shelfs, an abundance of brands, shapes, colours, smells, I feel overwhelmed. I realize what it must had been like for those who in some way managed to escape from communist Romania, with shops desperately empty all the time. They must have felt like crying, I'm sure...

For dinner: Hungarian sausage. (Pat did some shoppings in that German grocery store again for me.) She took a picture of the table. I'm sure they have a different kind of menu with me here. Afterwards I prepared the dessert: American waffle. They were good. Don had two. He said I should do this every day.

We watched the first part of a long western movie: Lonely Dove, Don's favourite. Naturalistic pictures: chickens, pigs, farmers, reminding me of life in my village in Transylvania.

No comments:

Post a Comment