Thursday, December 10, 2009

Today I read it through again the proposal corrections made by Don. After we talked, I left to buy some batteries. Strolled in the shops and thought about what we have been talking.

Here people are searching for wholeness, you can feel that. That's what matters in the opposite sex, too: the wholeness of personality. Freud was thinking in instinctive power, Jung in archetypes. The two are in a content-and-form-relationship. We use both in self-expression. The power is universal, yet it takes shape in sexes. This is moulded by our parents, and we imitate their role in our partnerships.

19 p.m. Dr. Mark Morrison-Reed: The Perversity of Embracing Diversity. Talk Given at General Assembly 2009. Enews: There is a surprising, and painful truth behind Unitarian Universalist efforts to become more diverse. This truth must begin with an honest look at who we are and why we are who we are, and it ends in a conundrum but not without hope. If Unitarian Universalists really want to change, accepting the truth is the only place to start. Torn between our reality and our aspirations what are we to do?

The UUA became more and more liberal during the decades, with more diverse membership. (6-7% of the ministers are LGBT.)

I was thinking as I walked toward home on the Freudian theory and religion as a psycho-sexual problem. It is unusually cold. Marilyn's pipes were frozen. Ours too. I saw her there on the lecture, and many more friends. Don and Pat try to fix the problem blowing hot air at the wall from the top of a ladder.

My time is approaching to its end. I think my mission have been accomplished. The Jung lecture was even more than I hoped for.

No comments:

Post a Comment