Monday, November 2, 2009

We planned to meet with Joe at PSU. He explained it in detail where we were to meet, and still, I waited at the wrong place. It is shiny but it's cold. I have my warmest pullover on, while some walk barefoot in sandals...

During dinner with Don, Pat, Ingrid and Henry we had philosophical discussions. I mentioned about my translation, my insight and plans. "Árpád has an interesting idea" said Don, "there might be something to it. He thinks the problem with the UU is they do not have a unifying credo, as the Hungarian Unitarians." "We'll have to create one." "Árpád works on it." "You mean a theological credo?" "No", I said "time of theological credos has passed." "What then?" asked Henry. "Psycho-philosophy." They are laughing: "You asked for it Henry!"

The nature of the God-idea is difficult. "God is everything." - says Ingrid. "Well, yes, this is a nice philosophical explanation. But we are not to forget the practice. Fundamentalism is also about God..." Pat invited the company to see the hiking pictures.

Upon leaving Henry said with a smile: "We would like to have you for dinner sometime. We'll discuss the psycho-philosophical understanding of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment