Sunday, November 29, 2009

Dr. Mark Morrison-Reed Minister in Residence: "Never the Water; Only a Wave" Buddhist sermon: Change is the law of life and our lives like rolling waves heading toward a distant shore. A personal story about how I came to understand the nature of life and eternity.

Afternoon: Temple Baptist Church, the Dickens Carolers Holiday Concert. Patrick is a member, he invited me. Before the show I talked to the young overweight woman next to me. She is a member of a Christian church, that doesn't belong to any denomination. I asked her about their principles and life.

After concert I meet Susan, Patrick and his parents and friends. Cookies and cider in the congregational chamber. Susan asked if I was feeling uncomfortable with the religious songs: I said, one needs to understand them in their own cultural and symbolic context. They have the same message in a different symbolic language. Afterwards I spent some time in the Powell's.

No comments:

Post a Comment