Sunday, October 11, 2009

We have been to the church, met several friends (Dana, Maryann). Pat introduced me to Katie Raditz (Program Guide Editor and Director of Adult Programs). She told me I could take part for free in all the programs and courses as a guest. She gave me another Program Guide and recommended me several programs.

During the worship service I was introduced and there was a fire drill. The siren sounded and with the leadership of Tom the congregation marched out to the street and after a few minutes back again. Prelude: Handel Sonata no. 1. for Flute and Piano. Hymn #1024, Mark Slegers is directing the music: When the Spirit Says Do.

Sermon: Rev. Tom Disrud: The Rage Without Met by the Wings Within. Electronic Newsletter: The title is a phrase from William Stafford's poem "In Response to a Question." How do we best respond to a world of brokenness and suffering? How is it we meet the challenges of our days?

Don took me to lunch. We agreed to send the translation to Beacon Press. After lunch Symphony: The Great Gershwin. Jon Nakamatsu, pianist and Doug LaBrecque, vocalist. Conductor: Jeff Tyzik.

I Got Rhythm, Embraceable You, They Can't Take That Away From Me, An American in Paris, Catfish Row, Fascinatin' Rhythm, Our Love Is Here To Stay, Swanee, Rhapsody in Blue.

Dinner at Don and Pat's daughter. Their grandson had his 18th birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment