Monday, October 19, 2009

Got on the bike and found the place where the humanists have their meetings (Thurman/SW 26th - Friendly House). Took a tour of downtown. On a soccer field small kids were playing a game, on another one American football, and yet on another one womens' soccer. Spent a few minutes watching them. From there drove down on Salmon Street all the way to the fountain, turned left, crossed Broadway Bridge, turned South, drove until the beginning of a bike trail, where I turned back. Don and Pat were already home. I installed the new mirror for the bike Don gave me. (He mounted a lamp too.) Dinner: scrambled eggs with grated potatoes and quadrangular buns with butter.

I wrote to the humanists and Oregon Friends of Jung to the addresses I found on the websites. Asked them if I could attend some of their meetings. Reply from Dave DiNucci:

Arpad, Thank you very much for your interest! You are very welcome to attend any or all of our programs with no charge. (If you feel like making a donation, there is a basket, or "salad bowl", to accept it, but it is not at all mandatory.) I am not familiar with the Church of Religious Humanism, but now that I look at it on the web, it is somewhat different from our approach. Terms like "God", "faith", and "church" are not commonly used here, but I assume that the basic principles (as expressed in the Humanist Manifesto), are similar in both, and based firmly in reality. We look forward to your visits, Dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment